Webcam Settings gives you manual control over all of the relevant settings of a USB webcam.
◼ Pick of the Week 2012-07-16 Episode | GFQ Network
◼ Show picks from Alex Lindsay in MacBreak Weekly 313 | TWiT.TV
◼ Webcam tip by Chris Marquardt – Tech Guy Labs Episode 914 | TWiT.TV
Webcam Settings allows you to adjust settings including the exposure time, contrast, saturation, and white balance temperature for your webcam, whether it’s a Built-in iSight, a more recent FaceTime/FaceTime HD Camera or an external USB webcam.
See how Logitech/Microsoft webcam owner, stop motion/claymation producer, podcast producer and Skype chatting users talk about Webcam Settings.
★★★★★ This is a great app for Logitech owners – by largenose75 – Jun 27, 2012
… With this app i’m able to have full manual control of the C910 webcam, including manual focus. That’s great for stop motion animation too, …
★★★★★ Works great – by driver4_ – Jun 28, 2012
… This software goes hand in hand with animating and chatting using webcams.
★★★★★ YES! Works on Logitech C920, too! – by DanielJLewis – Jun 28, 2012
… The program is lightweight, extremely useful, and works wonderfully! Definitely worth the cost!
★★★★★ Saved mmy skype sessions! – by AnthonyNguyen – Jun 28, 2012
… Fixed my image with literally the click of one button.
★★★★★ Exactly what I needed. – by Vicorita Van Patten – Jul 1, 2012
… A must-have for people like me who use their webcam for more than just the occasional skype session.
★★★★★ Great! – by dgtlknight – Jul 14, 2012
Works great with my external webcam and provides me with plenty of controls to manage several parameters. Just what I needed. Thanks!!
★★★★★ This app is awesome with MS Lifecam Studio!! – by fiaa1023 – Jul 17, 2012
… I recommend people who want to use iChat with external usb CAM properly with good image quality.
• True hardware level control of your webcam.
• View changes in Real-time to your video as you move sliders and change other settings.
• Fully plug-and-play; Webcam Settings, automatically recognizes your USB webcam when it’s connected to your Mac.
• Automatically identifies various settings that your webcam supports.
• Feel free to try any different settings as “Reset to Default” button brings back original settings from your camera.
• Works with almost every video or photo app such as Photo Booth, FaceTime, iMovie, Skype, iStopMotion, Wirecast, Sparkbooth, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Jabber, Flash based webcam app and many others.
Supported Settings (varies between cameras)
• Auto-Exposure Mode
• Exposure Time
• White Balance Temperature
• Power Line Frequency (anti-flicker)
• Backlight Composition
Advanced Settings (Only Microsoft LifeCam Studio, Cinema, Logitech HD Webcam C525, C615, C910 and C920 support Zoom, Pan and Tilt, please check our website for camera support.)
* Webcam Settings support UVC (USB Video Class) webcam only; FireWire camera such as external iSight is not supported.
* Your USB webcam must be working on your Mac properly (function normally with FaceTime, iChat/Messages, and Skype) before it can be used with Webcam Settings.